Five Things: Take today to jot down five memories that you would like to never forget about 2011. Try to write about five things you haven’t shared yet, but if you need to repeat, that’s OK!
What I don’t want to forget in 2012 or ever for that matter were some very special days as well as the lessons left behind by 2011. I’m running short on time here so lets make a list and I can always(i will) come back and fill in more of the explanation.
1. I can not let up on my fitness routine or goals. Coming back from a break is harder than just keeping up the hard work and foundation I’ve laid unfortunately more than a few times now. I need to improve upon it and not limit myself by destroying my gains by eating horribly or again “letting up”.
2. I ran a marathon, triathlon, and Spartan race. (several 5K’s and 10K’s) That should be the bar now and every year from here should be spent trying to raise the bar not just simply trying to reach it.
3. I need to be the “bad cop” sometimes and not always try and be the fun parent. (regardless of what Phil Dunfy has to say on that matter). I did just that this summer and the benefits my son has reaped since then will grow exponentially from this year on.
4. I need not be scared to write because I have to get all the bad out before I write something worth reading. I’m going to keep doing it until someone pays me to do so.
5. I never want to forget that 2011 had me finally letting folks in after a very long time of isolating my self. Not so much for the sake of staying safe but because I thought no one understood me. I’ve met so many people this year that whether they truly understand or not have clearly made me feel I matter and can make a difference in “my world” as well as in the lives of others.
2011 will end and yet all the “work” I’ve began this year will carry over directly to 2012 and I plan to do it bigger and better every day.